Saturday, April 4, 2009

Out and About

Today was very sunny and mild. It was a nice change after a couple days of driving icy rain, and some snow. I spent a lot of time outside today. I wound up getting out of bed at 8:30 a.m. because I didn't know what time it was. The nurse was to come by at 11:00 and I need to be out of bed to let her in. So I wound up exploring the Ave. I checked out the Farmer's Market and ran into my friend, Marianne, who I worked with at the UW Chemistry Department. I don't know how much the people I worked with meant to me. They showed me great support and kindness when I got six. They donated almost six months worth of sick leave for me to keep me on insurance.

I took my camera with me because I wanted to take pictures of what the curbs and roads look like near my apartment building I took pictures of 20 different curbs, but the photos below are representative. If only the Mayor spent 10% on neighborhood road repaving as much as he spent on developing North Gate, my travels wouldn't be so difficult.


So I wind up driving in the street often:


And this is what it looks like on the sidewalk:


I didn't take pictures at the Farmer's Market or buy anything, but when I have my cooking stuff and the kitchen working I want to go back and get some steak and shrimp and clams and cheese (maybe some vegetables).

No comments: