Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Brief health update

Yesterday's blog entry is so long, and so is the one that I wrote in advance for tomorrow, that I don't have much to say today. I am doing better each day. By the end of the week I should be able to get in and out of bed on my own, even though it is still a bit tiring. My Infectious Disease doctor called to tell me that I tested negative for bacteria, but he still wants to see me next month. That is fine. I am going to try to get up the nerbce to as about a prescription for medical marijuana. Of all my doctors (I actually have five doctors) I think he is the most likely to write me a prescription. He knows more about my disease than the rest of them and I think he would be sympathetic. So fat every doctor I've met has been pro-pot, and though medical marijuana is legal in this state, all the doctors are afraid that they'll get busted by the Feds, just for writing on a piece of paper they think it's O.K. for me to smoke weed; that it will alleviate my pain and increase my appetite (those of you who don't know, I have now lost 110 lbs. since I got sick).

No comments: