Saturday, February 28, 2009

Let's Go To The Mall

Today was a pretty good day, mostly because I had money in my pocket, but also because it felt about ten degrees warmer than yesterday, my friend Geoff visited, and I found out that my insurance company has underpaid me $1,072 over the past year (and I am not giving it to the home).

I could have slept all day had I not been woken up to have my bandages changed around ten, but I don't like spending all my time in bed. Life is boring enough.

Geoff came to visit around lunch and he brought me some food from Taco Bell. Once again they screwed up my order (I asked Geoff for two Grilled Stuffed Steak Burritos with extra baja Sauce, which he ordered, but gave him ground beef...at least, this time, they remembered the Baja Sauce). Like Joe Pesci said in Lethal Weapon 2, "They always fuck you in the drive through." It was still good. So was the giant Dr. Pepper.

After he left I went to the mall (Northgate) for the first time. It was not as intimidating as I thought it would be and whenever I went into a store the staff members were eager to help me. I bought a couple Seattle Mariners hats (one retro and one contemporary). I went into a video game store and talked to the salesman to ask if I should get my XBOX360 fixed or buy new (he said buy new, of course, based on my description of the problem).

The only store I wanted to go into but didn't was a kitchen store. The aisles looked too narrow for my chair to fit and I feared I would break something.

After that I went to a sporting good store and bought a couple travel cups and a hand/grip exerciser. Then I went to Best Buy and looked at HDTVs. I think I am going to get a small one (26") while I am here in the home (the 26" has a nice sized screen but small footprint). If I wind up getting a one-bedroom apartment, as opposed to a studio, I will buy a bigger HDTV for the livingroom.

Next had a steak dinner. It was little overcooked for my taste, but it was better than what I would have got at the home. I still have half of it left. Tomorrow I am going to venture up to Safeway, which sells individual rolls, and make a steak sandwich.

No comments: