Friday, February 27, 2009

Crazy Fucking Old People part deux

Twice in five days I have been prevented from sleeping by senile old men. Monday it was Crazy Jack, and last night it was my roommate Marlin. First of all, he started snoring loudly at around 8:30 p.m. until 3:00 a.m., when he decided to turn on all the lights and left them on all morning. When I asked him what the hell he was doing, he said he was looking. He told me I ran my mouth too often, which came completely out of left field, and then it was mostly silent except for his occasionally opening and closing his bedside drawers.

It's now 3:30 in the afternoon and he has no memory of it, so any revenge I fantasized about as I lay in bed, trying to fall back asleep, would be a waste of time.

At the time, I pushed my call light and it took an hour and a half for a nursing assistant to show up. This seems like it should be criminal. Considering how hard my heart starts beating when I don't get any sleep, I could have easily been having a coronary, which is ironic because I think one of the guys across the hall died this morning (around 7:00). There was a scream and a lot of shouting (in Chineses) then about twenty minutes later the paramedics showed up. I didn't see the body taken away, but when I got up, the person in questions name had been taken off the door.

Not a good sign.

No comments: