Friday, February 13, 2009

Something going around

I must of sneezed a couple dozen times and now I have a sore throat. There is always some virus or bug that circulates in a nursing home. I remember this time last year a real bad flu swept through the home and lasted a couple of months. I was one of the last people to get it and it was pretty nasty. This doesn't feel that bad, I could just be run down. I have felt mentally, emotionally, and physically drained all week. I had about forty minutes of therapy today and my heart wasn't in it. I wound up going to bed at 3 p.m. and woke up around 6 p.m. There was no reason I needed to stay up. There was no activity to keep me occupied (I wish my XBOX360 still worked). My dumb-ass roommate Marlin spends 20 hours a day in bed, only getting up for meals. A few minutes ago they had to practically drag him to the shower (considering he pisses all over himself a couple times a day, I am happy they did it). If he were not my roommate it would be easier to feel sympathy for him. He used to be a long haul truck driver, and now he barely has a working brain. As his roommate I am having to constantly yell at him to close the bathroom door, or, when he his finished, shut the light off so the neighbors, whom he shares the bathroom with, no he is out and that they can use the restroom. He also leaves his wheelchair in front of the door, blocking the exit, and a couple days ago I found him going through my stuff. (He also often walks around naked from the waist down except the black tube socks that seem to never leave his feet).

I made Tuna Casserole today. It was OK, but as exciting as it sounds.

Paul is visiting tomorrow so I have that to look forward to.

Finally a shout out to Nokenikus in Argentina who left a comment for me and asked that I link to his site.

No comments: