Monday, February 23, 2009

Crazy Fucking Old People

I just has a visit from this old man named Jack, who I can't stand because he yells at the nurses and often yells and pounds people's doors in the middle of the night. Tonight he was convinced my roommate, Marlin, whom, when I last checked, is a man, was Jack's wife. He ordered me to keep my hands off her or he'd beat my ass. There have been so many times I wish I could punch the S.O.B. in the face, but I think if I breathed on him he'd fall down dead.

Crazy Old Person Update 1: It is now 2:30 in the morning and for the fourth time tonight Jack has burst uninvited into my room. The crazy old fuck was standing over my bed when I woke up. I had to practically scream at him to get him to leave. Maybe I should ignore it; like I said, he is pretty old. But he is also one mean son of a bitch and he seems to me to be the violent type. I am at least fifty years younger than him and if healthy I think I could take him (though I haven't been in a fight since Junior High). But being as I can't run or walk away, and he can, I am at a distinct disadvantage. I hate to admit it, but Jack scares me and makes me feel unsafe here. I will complain tomorrow, but I will probably be told I should be more understanding if the demented. If that is indeed the answer I get, I may take this to the next level, meaning contacting the State. This wouldn't happen if thi place wasn't so woefully understaffed.

Crazy Old Person Update 2: 5:15 a.m. The fucker did it again. When I yelled at him to "Get the fuck out of my room you demented old bastard!" (I can be a colorful character too!) the nurse on duty said to me "He wanders around at night. What do you want from us? We can't watch him every second." If I get that answer from the head nurse in a few hours I will contact the State. I probably could use some psychological warfare on him, a combination of passive-aggression and could old-fashioned name calling, to point of making him cry (and considering I haven't got any sleep tonight, that sounds like fun) I will avoid taking to him. I don't want to be accused of abusing him.

Final update on this subject today: It is now 10:30 a.m. Tuesday. It had been more than 24 hours since I slept. I complained to the head nurse about Jack and her solution was to move me to another room. I told her that was bullshit (not in those words), that I should not have to accommodate his insanity when I ave been here for a year and a half and Jack has been here for a couple months. I said if it happens again tonight I will contact the State. I'm not kidding around. (And I am really tired).

No comments: