Saturday, January 31, 2009

My 45th Birthday Part Two:

It was a very good day. Very sunny and mild. A bus driver told me his backyard is full of robins and he has seen may blue herons, indicating (to him) that we can expect an early mild Spring. Let's hope so.

Todd called early to let me know he wasn't able to make it, and Ethan & Maria couldn't make it down from B.C. Nancy tried to come and drove around Eastlake for awhile, but I didn't give a good enough description of the place and forgot to tell her I no longer have a cell phone. And Poff drank too much last night so he couldn't make it off the couch.

Still, I had a good time with Paul and Inma, Geoff and Bridget. and Erik and his six month old son Neil (the most well behaved and happy baby in all the land).

As usual the pizza at Pazzo's was excellent. I had my usual and I have about three quarters of the pie left.

Erik gave me a Starbucks gift card (Starbucks might be laying off workers but no thanks to the generosity of my friends). Geoff and Bridget gave me an intriguing CD and book (which is across the room, as I lie in bed, so I can't name them at the moment).

(Click on any picture to enlarge)

Pazzo's after dark.

My pizza (Canadian Bacon, Pepperoni, Sausage, pineapple, and mushrooms.

Paul & Inma's pizza (I think Artichoke hearts and basil).

Geoff & Bridget's pizza (Sauce-less with herbs).

Erik's Calzone (very meaty).

Geoff & Bridget

Paul & Inma

Erik & Neil

Neil

Me (45)

Either my lens is dirty or the autofocus doesn't work well. Sorry if the pictures are blurry.