Sunday, January 25, 2009

Snowing

Though there is nothing in the forecast, it has been snowing off and on here in Shoreline since last night. Not enough to stick, except for the grass in the back this morning when the ground was still frozen, but it is visible. It just makes it really cold outside (currently 34°). Since I missed all the snow with my recent illnes I wouldn't mind seeing more, but considering how people freaked out and it shut down the city, we are better off with out it.

It's a typical Sunday here at the home. Slow and mostly quiet except the demented patients and very loud Chinese patients. As of now (3:30 p.m.) the church people are singing hymns in the dining room and some preacher will soon me extolling the virtues of a Christian life.

I had hoped the transfusion on Friday would give me some pep but I am still pretty tired. Yesterday I went to be at 3:30 p.m. in the afternoon. If I was able to get in and out of bed by myself, like I could several weeks ago, I would have just lay down for about an hour. But since I need to use the Hoya lift, I wound up staying in bed until ten this morning.

Except for getting coffee and ordering a small birthday cake for myself from Corrine next door at the Coffee Shack, ordering the Deluxe version of Miles Davis' Kind of Blue, and some restorative therapy with Lamin (we talked about how every government in Africa has a level of corruptness).

This coming week I don't have any appointments, that I knw of, so i should be ble to throw myself into therapy. I would be hapy if by the end of the week I can lift my legs or roll over in bed.

No comments: