Friday, January 23, 2009

Pretty boring day

I pretty much got woken up at 8:30 a.m., not counting the time at 4:00 when Paclab came to draw blood, had my bandages changed by Mabel, then sent off to North West Hospital for a transfusion of two pints of blood. I am pretty anemic and they are hoping the transfsion will help me heal faster. All I did today was sit on my ass and do crossword puzzles and watch court shows. I got to order food, but this time they didn't restrict my diet. The food at NWH is OK. I got a Chicken Caesar, Cream of Mushroom Soup and a Mocha Frappacino. A couple hours later I got an order of fries that were so greasy they were impossible to keep down. I finally got back at 6:00 p.m. Another day shot. Now I lay here with an I.V. of antibiotics draining into me and, when that is done, get a different antibiotic I.V.

At least next Saturday I have Pazzo's and some friends to look forward to.

No comments: