Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nurse Debbie

Nurse Debbie is an imbecile. That might be a bit harsh, but that is my impression of her. She often reminds me of a chicken with it's head cut off. I always can tell she is my morning nurse when 9:30 a.m. rolls around and I still haven't got my pain medication, which I am supposed to get prior to getting my bandages changed. I didn't get out of bed this morning until almost 11. Between this morning and my almost ten hour visit to the doctors yesterday I feel like a lot of my time has been wasted.

Under other circumstances Debbie might be a good nurse, but when she has to administer drugs to about sixty patients, many diabetics, many dementia patients, I am sure it is difficult. But it isn't so difficult that any of the other nurses can't handle the job. She seems more suited to being in charge of no more than six, well behaved, low maintenance, and lucid patients.

Anyway, I managed to do therapy. Too many new people are working there it is making me uncomfortable. Arthur thought I was making progress, but I feel kind of worthless. Prior to this last bout of sickness I was very independent and now I need help doing everything. A good day is one I manage not to pee on myself.

The doctors are going back and forth on what antibiotics I need to take but at least I know I should be off them by February 6.

No comments: