Monday, December 8, 2008

O.K. I'm awake now (sort of)

Wow. I really slept last night. I fell asleep around five at night, when I first started writing last night's post. I woke up sometime after 7:30 p.m. and added a quick ending, so I could extend my streak of consecutive days with a post, then went back to sleep until the usual 4:00 a.m. noise started.

I totally spaced that yesterday was Pearl Harbor day. This may be the first year that I wasn't reminded by television of that date. I usually can depend on AMC showing Tora, Tora, Tora (which I have here on DVD and which my father was an extra on when he was stationed in Hawaii), or ABC to show Pearl Harbor, or the History Channel showing some special. I didn't even seeing anything on the news about it yesterday.

Looking at yesterday's TV schedule I see that the History Channel did in fact show Tora, Tora, Tora: The True Story of Pearl Harbor, but it was up against the Seahawks/Patriots game and I got sucked into watching. First, because we have this ne HDTV in the lobby and the game looked really cool in HD. Second, as I said a couple days ago, I am part of a fantasy football league and if I won yesterday, and one of two teams tied for third loses, I make the playoffs. Right now it doesn't look good. I am ahead of all three teams in points, but all my players have played, and each of the three teams have players playing in tonight's Monday Night Football game. I'll let you know tomorrow. The game itself was very good. Matt Hasselback was out, and considering how well Seneca Wallace played, Matt can stay out. The Seahawks managed to lead most of the game until the Patriots kicked a field goal with more than five minutes left. The Patriots were ahead by three. The Seahawks had five minutes to to score the winning touchdown, or at least get within field goal range to tie the game. But Wallace, who had such a great game before, through an interception and the Patriots held on to win 24-21. Typical.


Not too much went on today. I ate a couple hot dogs for brunch and spent the last $2.75 cents in cash I had for a Carne Asada Taco and bottle of Coke at the Taco Truck in the parking lot. Tonight's dinner is ham and red potatoes, so it might be O.K. The filmy taste in my mouth is going away and I can taste again.

While I waited to do O.T. I played some NHL09. It was my second game and I lost again. It's a lot more complicated than the old Sega Genesis version, but still fun.

In P.T. I stood up (with the assistance of Tobey and Birgit) twice. It was real hard to get up. I couldn't do it without them. It's been two months since I stood and right now my shoulder is killing me from the weight I put on them.

I got the I.V. line taken out of my arm, since I don't need the antibiotics anymore. It's good to get that out.

It's only ten to five now and I'm pretty wiped. I need to stay awake long enough to watch Heroes at 9:00 p.m. According to TV Guide, next weeks episode is the season finale. Already? I hope, like TV series on cable, there are two seasons per year. Otherwise all I have to look forward to are Thursdays (The Office and 30 Rock).

In a little while I will ask the aide to come in to make sure I can get out of my chair and into my bed with little or no assistance. Fingers crossed.

No comments: